The hip is one of the largest joint of the body. It is a ball and socket joint. As a part of the large pelvis bone, the socket is formed by the acetabulum. The ball is the femoral head, which is the upper end of the thighbone (femur). The hip replacement in Delhi, Gurgaon is a surgical procedure in which the surgeon removes the painful and stiffed hip joint and replaces the bone with the artificial joint made up of metal and plastic.
The surgery is usually recommended when all the other medications and therapies had failed to relieve the pain and stiffness of the hip joint. The surgery is performed through minimally invasive technique, which is different from the traditional technique only in terms of the size of the incisions. Before the surgery, the patient is given an anesthesia to let the muscles of the body relax and put the patient into a deep sleep. The anesthesia prevents the patients from feeling the pain during the surgery.
There is a misbelief that the hip replacement in Gurgaon, Delhi is, generally, for the patients with the old age. However, this is not the case. The surgery is typically recommended to the patient who is experiencing pain in the hip joints and someone who is unable to actively participate in the routine activities despite the age factor. The major causes of the damage in the hip joint are
- Osteoarthritis – consequently, a condition where the patient experiences the pain and stiffness in a hip joint.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – this results in a condition of pain, stiffness, and swelling in the hip joint.
- Osteonecrosis – under the condition, the hip joints are damaged due to the death of the bone (avascular necrosis) because of the insufficient blood supply.
- Septic arthritis – this is another cause of hip replacement surgery in Delhi, Gurgaon which eventually effects the hip destruction resulting in a joint infection.
- Other reason – this includes the damage of the hip joint due to the fracture, severe injury, or bone tumor.